Since its launch in August 2002, the Augnet web site has expanded from 300 pages to its present tally of over 2,600 pages.
Between August 2002 and April 2006 it served 63,000 different hosts/URLs, and presumably many of these hosts have visited Augnet more than once.
This was an average of 17,000 pages per month, 580 pages per day and 24 pages per hour throughout that period of forty-four months.
The Augnet web site was completely rebuilt and appeared on the Internet in its present form on 3rd May 2006.
Some of the new features of Augnet include:
- A greatly improved site map
- A search engine with the ability for either (1) a universal search of Augnet, or (2) for a Section Search, i.e., of a selected section only, of Augnet captions only, or of Augnet page ID numbers only.
- An extensive photo gallery that at this moment contains a total of over 1,950 large images.
- A public forum and a special forum. (Both include the process of any post being monitored by the webmaster before it is uploaded).
As to its contents, Augnet now includes
- over 450 pages on Saint Augustine: his biography, thought, ideas, impact, writings and spiritual tradition,
- over 100 pages on the Order of Saint Augustine (excluding its history), and
- over 450 pages on the history of the Order of Saint Augustine.
The first Augnet ("Mark I") went live on the Internet in August 2002. Since Augnet “Mark II” - its improved modern version - replaced it on the Internet on 3rd May 2006, there has been an increase in Augnet usage (no doubt enhanced by some of the added features such as an internal search engine and an automatically-generated sitemap, which have made the web site much more “user friendly.”)
Between 3rd May and 10th July 2006, over 8,700 unique hosts (i.e., different computers with unique Internet URLs/“addresses”) visited Augnet. Many visited Augnet more than once, because they made a total of over 30,400 visits within those ten weeks.
Servers/ISPs based in 110 nations visited Augnet in those ten weeks, with traffic in descending order from USA, U.K., Australia, Canada*, Korea*, Philippines*, China, Japan*, Germany, Sweden*, Netherlands*, Spain, Ireland*, France, Italy, Mexico*, Romania, Brazil, Portugal*, Singapore, South Africa*, Russian Federation", Belgium*, Indonesia*, India*, Austria, Finland, Malta*, Argentina*, Norway*, Poland, Hong Kong, Thailand, Denmark, Turkey, New Zealand, Taiwan, Chile*, Israel*, Greece, Peru, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland. Slovakia, Nigeria, Hungary, Czechia, United Arab Emirates, Vietrnam, Colombia, Kenya, Ukraine, Slovenia, Panama, Latvia, Pakistan, Venezuela, Croatia…. (an order that possibly is partially influenced by the presence of the Order of
Saint Augustine in the nations underlined).
The nations marked with an asterisk* have moved higher up the list in the period from July 2007 to April 2008, i.e., the list has now been adjusted as per April 2008.
Statistics indicated that by 28th February 2007 hosts had downloaded 1,125,682 pages of Augnet.
There were 37,486 separate visits to the Augnet website during the calendar month of June 2007, which is an average of over 1,000 visitors a day. On 15th January 2008 there was a new daily record of 2,497 visitors.
Thank you for your support.